Coastal Carolina University's Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is hosting a forum designed to help area entrepreneurs grow their businesses during trying economic times. It will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 1 pm. on Monday, March 15 in the E. Craig Wall Sr. College of Business Administration and will feature state and local agencies with timely information.
Topics to be covered in concurrent sessions include:
* Certifications: Small Business, Minority Business, Disadvantaged Business, 8(a)
* Tax Credits for Small Businesses, Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
* SBA loans, USDA loans, Revolving Loans and Economic Development
* Business Opportunities for Minority and Women-Owned Businesses
* Goal Setting: Personal and Business
* Setting Up and Licensing a General Contractor Company in South Carolina
* How to do business with governmental agencies
The forum will be led by representatives of the Small Business Adminstration, U.S. Department of Agriculture, S.C. Department of Transportation, South Carolina Employment Commission, Waccamaw Regional Council of Governments, Marsha Griffin and Associates, Aldridge Consulting, Governor's Office of Small & Minority Business Affairs, CCU Procurement, CCU Facilities Management. Sessions will run concurrently in 30 to 90 minute intervals.
The event is free but registration is required. For more information or to register, contact the SBDC at www.coastal.edu/sbdc or call 843-349-4009 by March 11.
The presenting sponsor is Coastal Carolina National Bank.