Adults and retirees can choose from 26 workshops and seminars at Coastal Carolina University's annual Renaissance Fair Day, Saturday, March 13 on the Coastal campus. Topics include investing, health issues, history, horticulture, ecology, music, religion and more. Fee for participation is $20 per person.
Following a Continental breakfast and registration at 9 a.m., participants attend one seminar in each of the three separate sessions two morning sessions and an afternoon session concluding at 3 p.m. A buffet-style lunch is included. Seminars and workshops will be held in the Edwards Humanities and Fine Arts Building. Sessions are at 9:45 a.m., 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Each session lasts an hour..
Scheduled seminars, led by Coastal faculty and staff and area experts, include: .
- Antioxidants: Facts and Myths Alternatives to aging and illness.
- Creative Writing: Stories about Real People .
- Get It All in Order Discussion of living wills, health care power of attorney and other legal issues.
- Is There Stress In Your Life? Stress relief techniques..
- Massage Therapy How to relax tired muscles..
- Growing herbs.
- Yoga dress in comfortable clothes and bring a towel and mat..
- Banana Republic Author William Moredock examines the impact tourism has on the local culture, politics and community environment..
- Fitness and Nutrition Exercise tips and nutrition discussion..
- How to Become a Successful Freelance Writer.
- The Historical Jesus.
- What's so great about Pilates?.
- History of Rock 'n Roll and Beach Music.
- Memoir writing.
- Senior ScamJam 2004 Don't be a victim.
- Virtuosity in Music: When and Why.
- Tales and Trails of Tornadoes Local meteorologist and television weatherman Ted King will present film and discussion of the cause and effect of this phenomenon nature..
The event is sponsored by Coastal's Lifelong Learning Society, a learning-in-retirement program which offers more than 60 courses each semester..
To register, obtain more information or a brochure on Coastal's Renaissance Fair Day, contact the School of Continuing Studies at 349-2665. You can also visit the Web site at www.coastal.edu/learn/specialprog.