Distance Learning Faculty Support
Getting Started Teaching a Distance Learning Course
- Contact Jennifer Shinaberger (843-349-2737) for information or make an appointment to meet with our instructional designer or a certified Quality Matters staff member.
- If you are using Blackboard for your course, request a Blackboard course using the Blackboard Course Request Form.
- Distance Learning Boot Camp classes are offered online, in hybrid format and face-to-face. Check out our Find Classes page to find available training, make an appointment or suggest a class or session time.
Services and Resources
Coastal Carolina University is a Quality Matters institution and is committed to providing faculty with the tools to teach quality distance learning courses. We offer an array of services to faculty to help them design and develop effective, engaging courses.
- Instructional design consultations for distance learning courses. Book an appointment now!
- Distance Learning Boot Camp courses with Certificate of Attendance. See a description of courses in our Catalog of Sessions.
- Distance Learning Boot Camp Documentation and Resource Guide which contains up-to-date materials and serves as a companion website and ongoing up-to-date resource for Boot Camp participants.
- Quality Matters Resource Guide and informal course reviews by a certified QM staff member. To request a QM review click here. For a list of our Quality Matters classes with descriptions visit our Catalog of Sessions.
- Blackboard training and support (email email@example.com).
- Twenty-four hour Blackboard online support documentation for faculty.
- Copyright information and guidance, including the Know Your Copyright brochure.
- Contact a member of the Distance Learning Committee if you have suggestions about distance learning policies or procedures.
Please see our Library Resources page for an overview of Kimbel Library's distance learning resources. For additional library information, including hours and services, please call 843-349-2400 or visit Kimbel Library's About Us page. For help integrating library resources into your distance class, contact Ariana Baker, Distance Learning Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-349-5001.