Technology in the Library and Commons
Computer workstations are available in several areas on both floors of the library and commons.
Software is installed on various computers throughout the library and commons:
- All PCs and Macs in both buildings have Adobe Acrobat DC, Audacity, Jing, IBM SPSS, R Studio, Respondus LockDown Browser and Pearson LockDown Browser
- All PCs in both buildings have Windows 10, Movie Maker, Google Earth and Office 2013 installed. Most PCs have the Alice 3D computer programming software
- All Macs have iMovie and Office 2011 installed
- The Adobe Creative Suite software package is installed on the 12 Mac workstations on the second floor of the commons
- Final Cut Pro X video production suite is installed on four workstations on the second floor of the commons, and on two workstations on the first floor of the commons
- MS Project is installed on four PCs. Two are located on PCs near the Circulation Desk. Two are located on the first floor of the commons near the Help Desk
Find computer workstations by locating computer icons on our floor maps.
Find available computers through our real-time computer availability maps.
The Bryan Information Commons has 12 collaborative Mediascape workstations available for use. Kimbel Library has 3 workstations available. Mediascapes enable multiple users to display their computer screens on large group monitors. The technology that enables this interactivity also allows users to seamlessly switch between feeds, taking away many of the barriers to collaborative work. Food and drink will not be permitted at Mediascape workstations in order to protect the main hub computer stored inside. Mediascapes are located in the following areas:
- First floor alcoves
- First floor open areas
- Mediascape Study Rooms (Rooms 122 and 232)
- Second Floor Classroom (Room 234)
- First floor of the library
Eno Boards are interactive white boards that increase collaboration through the use of digital markers and magnetic control panels. The Eno Boards can be utilized by checking out an Eno Board Kit at the Peter C. Bolton Help Desk.
- 3 boards are located on the first floor in rooms 121, 122 and 123
- 5 boards are located on the second floor in rooms 228, 229, 231, 232 and 233
Presentation equipment is located in all presentation rooms and in some study rooms. Equipment can include lectern, monitors, formfit computers, projector and accessories, and wireless keyboards. Accessories can be checked out at the Peter C. Bolton Help Desk.
The Kimbel Library equipment checkout service is located on the first floor of Kimbel Library at the circulation desk. We offer laptops, iPads, and a multitude of other equipment for checkout to students. Item checkout times vary in length from three hours to three days. Information on the types of equipment and their availability can be found on the Kimbel Library Equipment Availability pages.
To see which Bryan Information Commons computers are available at any given time please see our Computer Availability Maps. The maps are updated every two minutes.