Why choose the Wall College of Business?
Students who choose a major within the Wall College of Business will not only choose a major with great earning potential but they will choose a program that will prepare them for the business of life. Our programs include a solid foundation in business concepts that goes beyond the basics to focus on critical thinking, ethical reasoning, communication, interpersonal and technology skills, resume building, networking experience and many others. Students can also benefit from exciting internships and a variety of clubs and organizations geared toward preparing them for a career they will love and excel in.
- Over a 90 percent job/graduate school placement rate for the undergraduate program nine months after graduation (since 2010; based on available respondents).
- Over 97 percent job/graduate school placement rate for the MBA program (since 2012; based on available respondents).
- 100 percent placement rate for students graduating from the PGA Golf Management program.
- AACSB accreditation ensures a qualified faculty and relevant curriculum.
- The Wall College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter earned the Gold Chapter award, out of 544 chapters worldwide in 2016.
- The MBA program earned recognition from US News and World Report as #4 in the country for representation of underrepresented minorities and for a 100 percent placement rate for May 2015 graduates.
- During the spring 2015 semester, two student teams from MKTG 458 were ranked #1 and #3 globally in the GLO-Bus Business Simulation. There were over 2,700 student teams in the competition.
- Emily Jade Graham, a management major, earned a first place award at the Phi Beta Lambda National Leadership Conference in the Accounting Principles competitive event.
- Students have been placed in organizations including Amazon, Deloitte, Ernst and Young, Baker Tilly (Milwaukee), Elliott Davis (Charlotte), UHY (Houston), BDO (Pittsburgh), Brooks International (South Florida), Brittain Resort Management, Coastal Carolina University, Arcelor Mittal, Sonoco Products, Crown Capital Securities, Webster Rogers, Smith Sapp, Moody CPAs & Advisors, Bimini Biological Field Station Foundation, Raytheon, Edward Jones, Prudential, SiteTech, Canfor, Cisco Systems, Conway National Bank, UPS, Verizon (Florida), Wyndham, Marriott, Navigant, American Airlines, Accenture, HTC, Santee Cooper and Prudential.
A Wealth of Opportunities
- Opportunities abound for high performing students to engage in leadership through the Wall Fellows Program, CoBE Fellows Program, Brown’s Scholars, and other honor societies and clubs.
- The Grant Center for Real Estate and Economic Development offers scholarships, internship assistance and study abroad trips for select students studying real estate.
- Accelerated three-year undergraduate degree available through the Degree in Three Program and a combined undergraduate/graduate degree possible in four years through Get More in Four.
- The Distinguished Speaker Series exposes students to renowned experts in the field such as Richard Pilosof, managing partner, CEO and head of risk, RP Investment Advisors; Bill Gerber, chief financial officer and executive vice president at TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation; Stephen Moore, chief economist, The Heritage Foundation; and Sandra Brittian, global head of Citi Holdings Program Management Office.
- Almost 30 exchange agreements available with international organizations around the world to facilitate study abroad experiences.
An Experience Like No Other
- An applied and integrated curriculum designed for maximum relevance to the business world.
- A faculty and staff dedicated to the student learning experience.
- Advisers in the Wall Center for Excellence are available to assist with scheduling needs.
- Required Professional Development Activities assist in career exploration, resume preparation, mock interviewing and networking.
- Faculty mentoring program links students to experts in the field.
- Board of Visitor mentoring program links select students to professionals in the field.
- Exiting students report they are especially satisfied with our small class size and individual attention they get from faculty and staff members.