My internship at CCU helped put my foot in the door to the career of my dreams. View Student Testimonials »
All students are encouraged to participate in one or more internships during their enrollment at Coastal Carolina University, regardless of their field of study. Students can work as interns during their fall, spring or summer semesters and earn a grade by enrolling in an internship course in their field of study. There are numerous local internships available, and most majors offer multiple credit courses that allow students the opportunity to participate in national or international internships. Last year, nearly 2,000 CCU students completed internships. Some of the major benefits include:
- Affirmation of major and career choice
- Application of classroom learning
- Development of professional work skills
- Creation of a more competitive job candidate
Internships Essentials for Students and Employers
- An internship is structured to benefit both student and sponsoring organization.
- Internship site and job duties need to be related to the student’s major and/or career interest.
- Interns should be able to gain a new self-awareness and build confidence in their work ability by successfully completing work assignments.
- Interns should be given direct and specific instruction by their employer supervisor in order to facilitate learning.
- Employers should offer interns a broad exposure to various departments and job functions within their organization.
- Internship experiences should provide a challenging opportunity for the student to develop the following work-related skills:
- Time management
- Effective communication
- Organizational skills
Director of Internships and Service Learning
Career Services Center
Lib Jackson Student Union A203B