To make a donation to a student benevolence fund, please go to: https://www.coastal.edu/givenow/
- Select a "Donation Amount" or specify an amount in the "Other" field.
- Select "Other" in the Gift Designation section options, and type in one of the following accounts in the box:
- Deborah Conner Leadership Fund #8385
- Travis E. Overton & Jacob M. Rosiek Student Benevolence Fund #6750
- Complete the remainder of the form and select "Donate" when finished.
Important Notes from the Coastal Education Foundation Regarding the Above Named Funds
- All gifts, once receipted by the Foundation, are irrevocable.
- The recipient(s) will be chosen in accordance with approved University policies and procedures and in compliance with federal and state regulations governing the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships.
- The Donor Representative may be consulted at some point during the process; however the Donor Representative acknowledges that the University will be solely responsible for the final selection of recipients.
- The University understands that this gift will be administered in accordance with the Foundation’s administrative policies and procedures.
- The fund will be managed by the Foundation’s Board of Directors in accordance with the Foundation’s investment and disbursement policies, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the South Carolina Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act (SC UPMIFA).
- Reports of fund activity shall be provided to the Donor/Fund Contact in a manner and timeframe conforming to Foundation policy.
- The Foundation is grateful for the Donor’s support of the University and is committed to fulfilling the Donor’s objectives reflected in this agreement. As research and academic programs move forward, there is the possibility that it may become impossible for this gift to serve the specific purpose of the stated intentions. If this unlikely circumstance should occur, the Foundation’s Chief Executive Officer shall, after making reasonable efforts to consult with the Donor or a designated representative of the Donor, direct that the gift be devoted to University purposes that the Chief Executive Officer deems to be most consistent with the Donor’s wishes.
- Any and all Foundation policies and procedures herein referenced may evolve over time subject to approval by the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
- Administration Strictly Related to Endowments: If once the fund balance reaches endowment level, earnings are not sufficient to make the award(s) as specified above, the Foundation may not invade the corpus to make the award(s).