Dove Walter Green Jr.
As a young attorney just starting out in 1954, Dove Walter Green Jr., was asked to join the group of educators and business leaders who were attempting to form a local college. He drafted the original bylaws for the Coastal Educational Foundation Inc., and suggested the name for the body. A charter member of the Foundation, he continued to volunteer his time and talent on behalf of the institution. Green was president of the Foundation in 1957, and headed the buidling committee for the first building on campus, the Edward M. Singleton Building. He remained on the Foundation until 1972.