About Dr. Nomikos
Areas of Expertise: International Security, Intelligence, East European Affairs
Dr. John Nomikos is the Director of the Institute for European and American Intelligence Studies (www.rieas.gr), the Founding Editor of the Journal of European and American Intelligence Studies, and the Chairman of the European Intelligence Academy. He joined the Intelligence and Security Studies program as an Affiliate Faculty member in 2022.
Professor Nomikos is the Head of the Department of History, Politics, and International Relations at the Athens Campus of Webster University (Webster Athens). He is a Member of the Advisory Board for the Master Security Studies and Information Analysis (MASIS) at the American University in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and a Fellow in the International Association for Counter-Terrorism and Security Professionals (IACSPSEA). In addition to his Ph.D. in International Relations and Diplomacy from Washington International University, Professor Nomikos holds certificates in intelligence and security issues from Romanian National Intelligence Academy, the Anti-Terrorism Accreditation Board, U.S. European Command, and the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
An expert in International Security and Intelligence issues, Professor Nomikos has over 40 publications in the field. His recent work includes:
- "Greek Intelligence Service (NIS-EYP): New Wine, Old Bottles", Journal of European and American Intelligence Studies, Vol.5, No.1, July 2022, USA.
- "European Intelligence Cooperation: A Greek Perspective", National Security and the Future, Vol. 22, No. 1-2, 2021, Zagreb, Croatia.
- "Asymmetric Warfare Threats in Greece: A Descriptive Analysis", Journal of Contemporary Military Challenges, General Staff of the Slovenian Armed Forces, November 2020, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- "United States-Serbian Relations: A Greek Perspective", in the Serbian - American Relations International Scientific Conference Proceedings, Institute for National and International Security (INIS), September 2019, Belgrade, Serbia.
- "Coalition Building, Cooperation, and Intelligence: The Case of Greece and Israel", at the International Journal of Intelligence and Counterintelligence, Vol. 32, No.4, 2019.
- “Intelligence and Balkan Instability: Repeating the Past or Moving in a New Direction?” at the International Journal of Intelligence and Counterintelligence Vol. 31, No. 1, 2018.
- “Cybercrime in East and Southeast Asia: The Case of Taiwan” (joint article with Lin L.S. F.) in Masys A. and Lin L.S.F. (eds) in Asia-Pacific Security Challenges – Advanced Sciences and Technologies for Security Applications (Springer 2018, USA).
- "Brexit and Intelligence: Connecting the dots" (joint article with Ioannis L. Konstantopoulos), Journal of Intelligence History, Vol.16, 2017.