Second-Degree Admission

Second-Degree Admission

We welcome your application for admission and look forward to assisting you throughout the admission process.  Below is more information about admission and enrollment and the services we offer to help you complete your application and make a successful transition to the University.  If you have any questions, please contact us at 800.277.7000, or email

What is a second-degree student?

A student who has earned a baccalaureate degree from Coastal Carolina University or any other accredited institution who wants to earn a second baccalaureate degree.

How do I apply as a second-degree student?

You should submit the Transfer/Second-Degree Application online* and submit it to the Office of Admissions & Merit Awards along with the $45 application fee. You will also need to submit official transcript(s) for any post-secondary institution(s) you attended. If your first baccalaureate degree is from Coastal Carolina University, no additional transcripts are required. Second-degree applicants are evaluated based upon the criteria for transfer admission candidates.

* As part of the application, all applicants are required to submit complete responses to a series of non-academic admissions review questions. Applicants must satisfy the non-academic admissions review portion of the application before the application file is reviewed or an admission decision made. The non-academic admissions review process supports the University's goal of maintaining a safe learning community.

Am I eligible for federal financial aid?

All students receiving Title IV Federal aid and some forms of private aid are required to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards. A student's status is calculated based on the cumulative grade point average and percentage of attempted courses that have been successfully completed. Federal regulations limit a student's eligibility for federal aid to 150% of the student's program requirements. Students who have attempted at least four semesters of enrollment at Coastal Carolina University are required to maintain a 2.0 cumulative grade point average to remain eligible for Title IV Federal aid.

How do I register for classes?

If you are admitted as second-degree candidate and you received your first undergraduate degree from Coastal Carolina University, you can register for classes online through WebAdvisor. College and department contact information is available at If you are admitted as second-degree candidate and you received your first undergraduate degree from another university, you must attend new student Orientation where you will meet with your academic adviser and register for classes. You will receive more information about Orientation with your acceptance package.

Whom should I contact if I have any questions?

Please contact the Office of Admissions & Merit Awards at 800.277.7000 or and ask to speak to a transfer counselor.