SC Palmetto LIFE / SC Palmetto Fellows
Additional Information about Enhancements
In order to initially qualify for an Enhancement students must:
- Meet eligibility criteria for the base SC Palmetto LIFE OR SC Palmetto Fellows Scholarship
- Have declared an approved major in a math or science degree program
- Have completed at least 14 credit hours in approved math or science courses by the end of the initial year of college enrollment.
For a list of approved courses, click here: Approved Courses for Enhanced State Scholarships
NOTE: The criteria for this scholarship can only be met during the initial year of undergraduate study. If a student does not meet the criteria during the first year, he/she will have lost their opportunity to earn this award.
The current approved math and science majors offered at Coastal Carolina University are:
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Middle Level Education (specializing in math AND science)
- Marine Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Public Health
- Engineering Science
- Applied Statistics
- Exercise and Sport Science*
*Enhancement eligibility begins with the 2020-2021 freshman class.
NOTE: The approved major must be declared through the appropriate department by the beginning of classes each academic year in order to be considered for the Enhancements.
In order to renew an Enhancement, each year a student must:
- Be eligible to receive the base SC Palmetto LIFE OR SC Palmetto Fellows Scholarship
- Be a declared major in an approved math or science degree program
An Enhancement recipient that begins the year in an approved major but changes to a non-approved major during the course of the academic year, will be allowed to continue to receive the Enhancement until the end of the academic year.
If a student begins the year in a non-approved major but changes to an approved major during the course of the academic year, the student will not be eligible to receive the Enhancement until the following academic year (provided they remain eligible for the base scholarship).