About the Bridge Program
Daphne Holland, Ph.D.
Assistant Provost of Student Success Initiatives
Coastal Carolina University
Kearns Hall 105
- Natalie Woodin
Student Development Coordinator
Building 1100 102 A
Horry Georgetown Technical College
The Bridge Program is a year-long program that prepares students for the rigorous curriculum at CCU. The program offers a unique experience due to the proximity of the Horry Georgetown Technical College and Coastal Carolina University: Bridge Program participants reside on CCU's main campus while attending courses at HGTC Conway campus. Bridge students have the opportunity to participate in both CCU and HGTC clubs and organizations, programs and campus events. Both HGTC and CCU provides academic support in the form of tutoring, academic coaching, and skill development workshops.
Benefits of Bridge Program
- Receive a CCU Spirit Box
- Membership in CCUFirst organization
- Opportunity to complete UNIV-110 First-Year Experience course at CCU without additional cost. This allows students to complete a CCU course as well as connect weekly with CCU faculty. UNIV-110 is a CCU graduation requirement and students must earn a grade of C or higher.
- Assigned an HGTC professional Academic Advisor for first-year advising and enrollment.
- CCU Academic Coach available for personalized academic coaching support.
- Assigned a CCU Peer Leader for personalized peer-to-peer support and guidance.
- Required participation in leadership project designed specifically for Bridge students to include a combination of campus and civic engagement during fall/spring semesters.
- Required participation in Career to College program designed specifically by CCU Career Services.
- Targeted connections with fellow students, faculty and staff.