Finance students study banking, investment management, capital budgeting, and funds management. Finance can be called both the art and science of managing money. All areas of the economy, whether businesses, nonprofit institutions or government agencies, have financial issues to be managed. Finance can be classified into at least three categories: corporate finance, investments, and financial markets and institutions.
To learn more about amazing career opportunities for finance majors, click on the button below!
The Student Experience
- The E. Craig Wall Sr. College of Business Administration is accredited by AACSB International, the premier accrediting body for business colleges.
- The Wall College houses the Gerald Boyles Student Managed Investment Fund, a program that gives students the opportunity to use real money to make real investments.
- Finance majors have access to the Pilosof Financial Services laboratory, a state-of-the-art finance lab equipped with world-class investment management software.
- Finance graduates score in the 98th percentile for finance knowledge in nationally normed exit exams.
- Students can apply for the Wall Fellows program, designed to prepare top business students for high-level careers in major U.S. and international corporations and organizations. This two-year program features internships and coursework covering specific interpersonal and communication skills, ethics, personal appearance, and business and social etiquette.
- Students can choose to concentrate in the following:
Beyond the Classroom
- Graduates are employed at top companies such as Blackbaud, Vanguard, Accenture, Citigroup, and more, and are prepared to pursue careers such as financial analysts, stockbrokers, investment bankers, financial planners, research analysts, financial managers, and bankers.
- For students who wish to continue their education, Coastal Carolina University offers a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree, which provides instruction in accounting, finance, economics, management, and marketing.
- The finance program is recognized by the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute as a program that prepares students for the CFA certification exams, the most respected investment designation in the world.
Areas of Study
- Corporate Finance
- Investment Analysis
- Financial Institutions
- Business and Financial Analysis
- Financial Planning
- Portfolio Management
Dennis Edwards, Ph.D.
Professor of Economics
Chair, Department of Finance and Economics
Wall College of Business
Wall Center for Excellence