Marketing students focus on understanding the marketplace and developing appropriate marketing strategies for their organizations. Marketers bring buyers and sellers together in the marketplace to allow each party to realize their desired outcomes. For buyers, this means solutions to their problems. For sellers, this typically means increasing market share, revenue, profitability, and other outcomes. Marketers create items of value (goods, services, ideas, etc.) that are priced, promoted, and distributed in a competitive and dynamic marketplace.
The Student Experience
- The E. Craig Wall Sr. College of Business Administration is accredited by AACSB International, the premier accrediting body for business colleges.
- The Grant Center for Real Estate and Economic Development offers students and faculty opportunities to conduct applied research projects for local businesses, organizations, and government agencies. Some research projects through the years have included numerous surveys, assessments, feasibility studies and impact studies.
- Students can apply for the Wall Fellows program, designed to prepare top business students for high-level careers in major U.S. and international corporations and organizations. This two-year program features internships and coursework covering specific interpersonal and communication skills, ethics, personal appearance, and business and social etiquette.
- Students can choose to minor in marketing.
Beyond the Classroom
- The Wall College of Business offers online classes! For course selection, visit http://www.coastal.edu/online/business/.
- Recent graduates of the marketing program have careers in sales management, public relations, advertising (creating ideas and/or writing copy), market research and analysis, retail merchandise management and customer service management.
- For students who wish to continue their education, Coastal Carolina University offers the Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree, which provides instruction in accounting, finance, economics, management and marketing.
Areas of Study
- Consumer Market Analysis
- International Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Personal Selling and Sales Management
- Retailing Management
- Marketing Strategy
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Social Media Marketing