Marketing students focus on understanding the marketplace and developing appropriate marketing strategies for their organizations. Marketers bring buyers and sellers together in the marketplace to allow each party to realize their desired outcomes. For buyers, this means solutions to their problems. For sellers, this typically means increasing market share, revenue, profitability, and other outcomes. Marketers create items of value (goods, services, ideas, etc.) that are priced, promoted, and distributed in a competitive and dynamic marketplace.
The Student Experience
- Experiential and applied learning integrated throughout the major.
- Online BSBA completion program available.
- A cutting-edge curriculum in areas such as social media, business analytics, and sustainability.
- Active and strong American Marketing Association (AMA) chapter.
- Online BSBA degree completion program available.
Join the American Marketing Association!
Beyond the Classroom
- The Wall College of Business offers online classes! For course selection, visit http://www.coastal.edu/online/business/.
- Recent graduates of the marketing program have careers in sales management, public relations, advertising (creating ideas and/or writing copy), market research and analysis, retail merchandise management, and customer service management.
- For students who wish to continue their education, Coastal Carolina University offers the Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree, which provides instruction in accounting, finance, economics, management, and marketing.
Areas of Study
- Consumer Market Analysis
- International Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Personal Selling and Sales Management
- Retailing Management
- Marketing Strategy
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Social Media Marketing
Professor of Marketing
Interim Chair, Department of Marketing and Hospitality, Resort, and Tourism Management
Wall College of Business 301K