History of the Student Union
The Lib Jackson Student Union (formerly the Lib Jackson Student Center) was named for Elizabeth "Lib" Benson Jackson on Oct. 16, 2004, to commemorate a family gift made in her honor to Coastal's 50th Anniversary Initiatives Campaign.
Mrs. Jackson was born and raised in Salisbury, N.C., the oldest of four children. She married A.E. Jackson Jr., and the couple moved to Myrtle Beach in 1939. The Jacksons were among Myrtle Beach's earliest residents.
The photograph of Lib Jackson is located in the rotunda area of the Student Union.
|1978||Lib Jackson Student Center constructed (sixth building on campus)|
|1983||Student Center Patio addition|
|1997||Student Center renovation|
|2008-2009||CINO Grille addition to the rear of the building|
|2009||Second Floor area upfit|
|2010||First Floor West Wing upfit (Game Room and Student Lounge)|
|2010-2011||First Floor East Wing upfit|
|2013||Chick-Fil-A added to CINO Grille|
|2015||Building A added, name changed from Student Center to Student Union|
|2018||Freshens replaced Subway and Restrurant Rotation replaced Chauncey's Queso Corner in CINO Grille.|
Have a look and you'll see why we're so excited about the Lib Jackson Student Union.