Spadoni College of Education
Early Childhood Development and Literacy Center
We are pleased to announce the acceptance of applications for Coastal Carolina University's Early Childhood Development and Literacy Center.
The opening date for the Center is scheduled for August 2018.
Applications are considered in the order received, and based on an allotted percentage for each 3-year-old, 4-year-old, 5-year-old, and multiage (4- and 5-year-olds) classrooms. Each classroom will have a capacity for 20 students comprised of 30 percent faculty children, 30 percent staff children, 30 percent CCU students' children, and 10 percent community children. Once an age/class has reached full enrollment, parents/guardians will have the option of being placed on a waitlist. If a particular age/class does not reach its allocated percentages, then the following secondary admission priorities will be followed for each age/class:
- Priority 1: Wait-listed Children
- Priority 2: Sibling of an Accepted Child
- Priority 3: CCU Student's Child
- Priority 3: Faculty or Staff Child determined by date of application (full-time)
- Priority 4: Faculty or Staff Child determined by date of application (part-time)
- Priority 5: Community (alumni)
- Priority 6: Community (general public)