Admission Requirements M.Ed. Educational Leadership
Admission requirements for the M.Ed. Educational Leadership program are listed below.
PROGRAM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- A completed application for graduate study and an official transcript from each school or college previously attended. (All prior undergraduate academic study must be represented as well as other graduate study if such study has been completed.)
- At least two letters of recommendation on the forms provided with the application with one from current principal or supervisor.
- A minimum of three years of full-time teaching experience.
- Evidence of teacher certification in South Carolina or a U.S. State with reciprocation agreements with South Carolina.
- Official transcripts reflecting an undergraduate Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (overall) on a 4.0 scale on undergraduate work OR, a report of minimum score of 286 with no less than 146 on the verbal and 140 on the quantitative portions on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), OR, a report of a minimum score of (388) on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT). Scores must be no more than five (5) years old.
- Applicants who are non-native speakers of English speakers should demonstrate proficiency in English and provide official results from tests taken within the last three years or one of the following acceptable means of documenting English language proficiency consistent with success in graduate programs. (Note that higher scores may be required of some graduate programs so applicants are urged to consult their desired program to identify whether a higher score is required)
- A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based (PBT) or 79 on the internet (iBT) Test of English as a Foreign;
- A minimum score of 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam;
- Certificate of Completion of level 112 of English for Academic Purposes (EAP) from an ELS Language Center;
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic with a score of 59;
- Cambridge CAE (Certificate of Advanced English) with a minimum level of C1;
- Cambridge CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English) with a minimum level of C1; MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery) with a score of 77; TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication) with a score of 745;
- Bachelor’s degree earned from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher education within the last three years.