HCHEC Application-based Scholarship for Undergraduate Students
Horry County Higher Education awards scholarships annually to Horry County high school graduates who plan to attend Coastal Carolina University as new students or transfer students from Horry Georgetown Technical College. Multiple recipients may be selected to represent all Colleges at CCU. Recipients of this scholarship must be enrolled fulltime at Coastal Carolina University.
- New students must achieve a minimum 3.0 high school GPA through the junior year; transfer students must achieve a minimum 3.0 collegiate GPA.
- Be an Horry County resident and have graduated from a Horry County high school accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools;
- Be admitted to Coastal Carolina University;
- Complete and submit the scholarship application to Coastal Carolina University by published deadline;
- Upload a brief essay (typed) or a video URL link describing the student’s academic goals, career plans post-graduation, and intent to study in their chosen major at Coastal Carolina University. Students should also include any particular achievements related to their area of study. Essays should be no more than 500 words. Videos should be limited to 2-3 minutes.
- Upload a letter of recommendation from a high school principal, teacher, coach, academic advisor, instructor, or guidance counselor.
Award Amount: $2,500 annually for up to four years or eight semesters for new students and two years or four semesters for transfer students (renewal criteria must be met annually). Recipients must be enrolled full-time at Coastal Carolina University.
- Be enrolled fulltime;
- Complete a minimum of 30 credits annually (includes summer terms if needed); and
- Maintain a cumulative CCU GPA of 3.0.
Applications will be reviewed by the HCHEC Scholarship Committee. The number of new awards may vary annually.