HCHEC Emerging Scholars Award
This scholarship is awarded annually to CCU students who have graduated from an Horry County high school with a minimum of 30 cumulative credits completed at CCU.
- Achieve a minimum 3.0 cumulative collegiate GPA
- Be an Horry County resident and have graduated from a Horry County high school accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools);
- Be admitted to Coastal Carolina University as a continuing CCU student;
- Have at least 30 cumulative credits completed at CCU at the time of the award;
- Complete and submit the scholarship application to Coastal Carolina University by published deadline;
- Upload a brief essay (typed) or a video URL link describing the student’s intent to study at CCU, academic goals, and career plans post-graduation. Essays should be no more than 500 words. Videos should be limited to 2-3 minutes.
- Upload a letter of recommendation from an instructor in your current degree program.
Award Amount: $2,500 annually for up to three years or six semesters (see chart below). Recipients must be enrolled full-time at Coastal Carolina University.
- Be enrolled fulltime;
- Complete a minimum of 30 credits annually (includes summer terms if needed);
- Maintain a cumulative CCU GPA of 3.0.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
Maximum number of semesters allowed to receive scholarship:
|STUDENT STATUS AT TIME OF AWARD||MAXIMUM NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE SEMESTERS|
|Sophomore (minimum of 30 credits)||5-6 semesters*|
|Junior (minimum of 60 credits)||3-4 semesters*|
|Senior (minimum of 90 credits)||1-2 semesters*|
Applications will be reviewed by the HCHEC Scholarship Committee. The number of new awards may vary annually.