HCHEC Emerging Scholars Award
Application Required - Deadline is March 15
This scholarship is awarded annually to CCU students who have graduated from an Horry County high school with a minimum of 30 cumulative credits completed at CCU.
- Achieve a minimum 3.0 cumulative collegiate GPA
- Be an Horry County resident and have graduated from a Horry County high school accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools);
- Be admitted to Coastal Carolina University as a continuing CCU student;
- Have at least 30 cumulative credits completed at CCU at the time of the award;
- Complete and submit the scholarship application to Coastal Carolina University by published deadline;
- Upload a brief essay (typed) or a video URL link describing the student’s intent to study at CCU, academic goals, and career plans post-graduation. Essays should be no more than 500 words. Videos should be limited to 2-3 minutes.
- Upload a letter of recommendation from an instructor in your current degree program.
Award Amount: $2,500 annually for up to three years or six semesters (see chart below). Recipients must be enrolled full-time at Coastal Carolina University.
- Be enrolled fulltime;
- Complete a minimum of 30 credits annually (includes summer terms if needed);
- Maintain a cumulative CCU GPA of 3.0.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
Maximum number of semesters allowed to receive scholarship:
|STUDENT STATUS AT TIME OF AWARD||MAXIMUM NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE SEMESTERS|
|Sophomore (minimum of 30 credits)||5-6 semesters*|
|Junior (minimum of 60 credits)||3-4 semesters*|
|Senior (minimum of 90 credits)||1-2 semesters*|
Beginning each January, applications will be available to all accepted CCU students via WebAdvisor. After logging into WebAdvisor, click on the link ‘Apply for Application-based Scholarships’ to apply. Applications will be reviewed by the HCHEC Scholarship Committee. The number of new awards may vary annually.
Checklist (Failure to complete all requirements will result in disqualification of the applicant)
|Electronic application submitted|
|Uploaded recommendation letter|
|Uploaded student essay or video submission URL link|