**THIS APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE VIA WEBADVISOR BETWEEN OCTOBER 15 AND DECEMBER 16 (at 5pm)**
Sparks Family Endowed Scholarship
for new freshmen students
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be admitted as an undergraduate first time freshman student at CCU;
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative high school GPA;
- Maintain full-time status and demonstrate satisfactory degree progress; and
- Submit additional requirements described below.
Preference will be given to students from Horry, Georgetown, or Marion County, SC or Brunswick County, NC with demonstrated, unmet financial need. Financial need*, as defined herein, shall expressly include students whose income exceeds federal need-based grant criteria, but who can demonstrate a quantifiable need for assistance.
* FAFSA must be completed by the scholarship application deadline in order to determine financial need
The student that is selected as a recipient of this scholarship will be expected to participate in events surrounding the annual spring fundraising golf tournament, supporting and assisting the donors in their efforts to raise additional funds for future scholarships.
Submit a one page typed personal statement describing how the scholarship will benefit you and help you meet your collegiate goals.
Failure to submit additional requirements will constitute an incomplete application and will not be considered.