**THIS APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE VIA WEBADVISOR BETWEEN JANUARY 15 AND MARCH 15 (at 5pm)**
Senator Clementa C. Pinckney Memorial Scholarship
for new freshmen students
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be admitted as an undergraduate student at Coastal Carolina University;
- Be a first-time freshman with a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0;
- Reside in SC Senate District 45 to include Allendale, Beaufort, Charleston, Colleton, Hampton and Jasper Counties;
- Demonstrate financial need* as defined by Financial Aid & Scholarships;
- Maintain full-time status and demonstrate satisfactory degree progress; and
- Submit additional requirements described below.
*FAFSA must be completed by the scholarship deadline in order to determine financial need.
The scholarship amount is valued at $10,000 over four years ($2,500 per academic year). The scholarship will be divided equally between the fall and spring semesters. To be eligible for automatic renewal, the recipient must maintain a minimum CCU GPA of 3.0 and demonstrate satisfactory degree progress.
Provide proof that you reside in SC Senate District 45 by going to the South Carolina State House www.scstatehouse.gov/legislatorssearch.php and entering your address.