**THIS APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE VIA WEBADVISOR BETWEEN OCTOBER 15 AND DECEMBER 15 (at 5pm)**
Students of Foster Care Annual Scholarship
for new and continuing students
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be admitted as an undergraduate student at CCU;
- Entering freshmen students must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative high school GPA;
- Entering transfer students must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative collegiate GPA;
- Continuing CCU students must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative CCU GPA;
- Demonstrate financial need* as defined by Financial Aid and Scholarships;
- Maintain full-time or part-time (minimum 6 credit hours) status and demonstrate satisfactory degree progress; and
- Submit additional requirements described below.
Preference will be given to applicants who have graduated from an Horry or Georgetown (SC) county high school and have been in foster care or under the care of the Department of Social Services in Horry or Georgetown counties.
* FAFSA must be completed by the scholarship application deadline in order to determine financial need
Provide official documentation regarding foster care status between the ages of 13 and time of application.
*Note: Applications for renewal of award do not require re-submission of documentation.
Failure to submit additional requirements will constitute an incomplete application and will not be considered.