FAFSA 101: Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Filing the FAFSA is your first step in applying for financial aid.
Important facts you should know about FAFSA:
- The Coastal Carolina University school code for your FAFSA is 003451.
- You must file a FAFSA before each academic year to be considered for financial aid.
- To receive priority funding, file your FAFSA as early as Oct. 1 but no later than March 1.
- A FAFSA provides eligibility requirements for an academic year - Fall, Spring and Summer terms, i.e., 2022-2023 for Fall 2022, Spring 2023 and Summer 2023, or 2023-2024 for Fall 2023, Spring 2024 and Summer 2024, etc.The U.S. government and Coastal Carolina University base financial aid, including grants, loans, and work-study, on the FAFSA. Financial Aid and Scholarships may ask you for additional documents after you file your FAFSA.
- Check your CCU e-mail account often, and make sure you submit additional documents by July 15.
- Check your Financial Aid Status on Self-Service Financial Aid.
Coastal Carolina University's School Code: 003451