Care, Safety and Success
Living on campus is not only a significant aspect of the Coastal Carolina University educational experience, it also gives your student convenient access to classes, the library, learning assistance centers, dining and other student services designed to keep you safe and support your success. The on-campus living community encourages your student to connect with peers, connections to the University, and involvement in programs, cultural events and other activities.
At Coastal Carolina University, first- and second-year students are required to live in University-operated housing. Studies have shown students who live on campus generally:
- Have higher GPAs and are able to complete more credit hours each semester than their off-campus counterparts
- Are more likely to graduate in fewer semesters than other students
- Are more likely to get involved in academic and extracurricular activities
- Have the ability to meet other students from all over South Carolina, the U.S. and the world
- Can participate in any of the 300 programs that resident assistants sponsor each semester
- Receive more academic and emotional support from other students
- Convenient access to campus resources, library, labs, faculty and staff
- Express greater satisfaction with their University experience
- Can avoid cooking by using an on-campus meal plan
Please find additional information about University Housing and Meal Plan Requirement here.
Township Circle Desk
Elvington Loop Desk
University Place Desk
University Housing creates a foundation of care for resident safety and success.