Housing and Meal Plan Requirement

Housing and Meal Plan Requirement

Coastal Carolina University is committed to providing its students with a comprehensive educational experience that includes a residential component. Therefore, all degree-seeking, full-time, first- and second-year students who graduated from high school within two calendar years prior to enrolling at Coastal Carolina University are required to live in residential communities operated by University Housing and to purchase a meal plan. Possible exemptions and the process for requesting exemptions are described in this policy. Being automatically or manually marked as exempt will not prevent a student from choosing to apply for housing and entering into the University Housing license agreement or from purchasing a meal plan.

To review the policy (STUD-336) in detail, visit the University Policies website. For accommodation requests related to a disability, consult the website for more information and the appropriate forms.

If you need to apply for a Housing or Meal Plan Exemption, you will do so through . Click for more details about the process, possible reasons considered, and documentation required. Please note exemption requests are only accepted prior to the student moving into on campus housing. After moving in, students will need to speak with University Housing about the process.

Related Links

Contact Information

University Housing
Tradition Hall 135
M-Th: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
F: 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
843-349-6400 (phone)
843-349-6425 (fax)

Township Circle Desk

Elvington Loop Desk

University Place Desk

University Housing creates a foundation of care for resident safety and success.