Present or Publish Your Research
A major goal of all research is to add to the body of knowledge in the field. You can achieve this goal by presenting or publishing the results of your research.
Presenting Your Research
Annual CCU Undergraduate Research Competition
All students completing research, scholarship, and creative works projects are encouraged to present at the annual UGR competition each year. Click here for additional information.
Discipline-Specific Conferences, Symposia, Exhibitions, and Performances
Presentation at discipline-specific venues is highly recommended. Your faculty research mentor may suggest professional conferences and other events in your field that may accept your work for presentation. The opportunity to network with professionals in your field and receive feedback on your research makes this an extremely rewarding and memorable experience for UGR students. Click below for:
- A list of favorite conferences and presentation venues for CCU students, listed by discipline
- Strategies for finding presentation travel funding (UGR Opportunities page)
Multi-Disciplinary Undergraduate Research Conferences
Several general UGR conferences also provide a presentation venue and a multi-disciplinary perspective on UGR. These include:
- National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) – also offers publication opportunities
- South Carolina Academy of Sciences
- Posters on the Hill (Washington, DC - very competitive selection)
Publishing Your Research, Scholarship, or Creative Work
CCU Publications (Peer Reviewed)
- Bridges – CCU’s own scholarly journal, expressly devoted to publishing quality undergraduate research. For more information visit www.coastal.edu/bridges.
- Archarios – CCU’s own arts and literature journal, which welcomes both student and faculty contributions.
Discipline-Specific Professional Journals/Publications (Peer Reviewed)
- Discuss appropriate publications with your research mentor or the Office of Undergraduate Research
- Plan ahead – Publication can be a lengthy process
Undergraduate Research Journals (Peer Reviewed)
- Journal of Student Research – an affiliate member of the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR)
- Undergraduate Journals and Conference Directory – links to multiple UGR journals and additional information
- Journal of Young Investigators: the Premier Undergraduate Science Journal – also provides various UGR resources
- CURM list of UGR journal in mathematics (Brigham Young University’s Center for Undergraduate Research in Mathematics): http://curm.byu.edu/resources/journals
- Council on Undergraduate Research Quarterly– generally not for student submissions, but a useful resource on UGR.