Become a Community Partner
Community agencies are asked to provide a supervised learning experience to our students by engaging them in activities that combine service and academic learning through the process of critical reflection. In exchange, the agency receives enthusiastic, motivated students eager to make a positive impact in the community and accomplish the mission of the agency.
Benefits for Community Partners
• Client’s needs are met through direct service
• Students are accountable to both agency and faculty supervisors
• Agency image is enhanced in the community by supporting local university students
• Provides greater agency awareness to students, parents, and university staff
• Opportunity to render short and longer term solutions to pressing community needs
• Provides additional manpower to implement larger community projects
- Memorandum of Understanding Service Learning
- Service Learning Agreement
- Service Learning Time Log
- Service Learning Evaluation
Coastal Carolina University welcomes those agencies who desire to participate in the Service Learning Program. Please complete a Memorandum of Understanding and submit an agency statement of purpose with a description of services provided, target clients and anticipated student learning activities.
Students and faculty are interested in learning about service opportunities in the community, and willing to commit both time and effort toward making a difference.
To partner in Coastal Carolina University's Service Learning Program, please return the Memorandum of Understanding and requested documentation to:
Director of Internships, Service Learning, and Employer Engagement
Career Services Center
Lib Jackson Student Union A203