Students can experience learning that has the potential to be "life-changing." Often there are opportunities to interact with individuals and situations in the community in ways that could never occur in a classroom setting. Students involved in service learning are more engaged in their education and receive an enhanced academic, cultural and social perspective. Reflection is a critical component of the service learning experience.
- Robert Bulsza, LPC
- Director of Internships and Service Learning
- Career Services Center
- Jackson Student Union A-203C
- Builds on knowledge and skills relevant to the student’s academic program.
- Develops a higher level of comprehension in connecting classroom theory with practice.
- Requires students to compare and contrast expected learning to their actual learning.
- Provides opportunities to learn from individuals of different ethnic, social, lifestyle and educational backgrounds.
- Develops enhanced leadership and empathetic skills.
- Provides a platform for students to re-evaluate their attitudes, values, prejudices, and beliefs about the world in which they live.
- Service Learning Agreement
- Service Learning Time Log
- Service Learning Evaluation
- Service Learning Etiquette
To access a list of community service sites and opportunities, please click here.