Military Tuition Assistance at Coastal Carolina University
Military Tuition Assistance is a benefit available to eligible members of the service to pay for tuition at Coastal Carolina University. Each branch has its own criteria for eligibility, service obligations, the application process and any restrictions.
Using Military Tuition Assistance benefits at Coastal Carolina University
The most common source of financial aid for military service members is military tuition assistance (MTA). MTA is a benefit paid to eligible members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard for tuition expenses. MTA is a unique, distinct source of financial aid available to eligible service members. Each service has its criteria for eligibility, obligated service, application process, and restrictions. This money is usually paid directly to the institution by the individual services.
The process for applying for military tuition assistance varies between the Services but comes down to the following basic process:
- Discuss with military supervisor; commander approval is often needed
- Meet with an Education Services Officer or a military education counselor
- Receive information on Military Tuition Assistance (eligibility, responsibility, restrictions)
- Apply for Tuition Assistance through the appropriate portal (account registration needed to use portal)
- Air Force Virtual Education Center
- Navy Education Center (For Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard)
Military Tuition Assistance, per College policy, is refunded at a prorated rate for officially withdrawn MTA-funded course(s). CCU Refund Policy