The goal of the CINO Accelerate program is to help students succeed academically and personally during their first year at CCU. Students in the program will participate in a cohorted fall class schedule, personalized academic coaching, educational workshops, leadership programming, campus and community service projects, major and career exploration and Coastal Carolina University special events. CINO Accelerate also assigns students to a Peer Leader and Academic Coach that will provide additional support as they transition to campus life, in addition to the added benefit of targeted contact with CCU faculty and staff members to discuss their academic, personal, and professional goals.
Benefits of the CINO Accelerate Program
- Have an assigned professional Academic Advisor for personalized first-year advising and enrollment.
- Have an assigned Academic Coach for personalized academic coaching support.
- Have an assigned Peer Leader for personalized peer-to-peer support and guidance.
- Participate in leadership programming.
- Participation in a campus/community service project.
- Participate in the Career to College program.
- Participate in targeted academic support programming from the Tutoring and Learning Center and Academic Coaching Experience Department.
- During the fall semester, be enrolled in a cohorted schedule to include a CSSC designed UNIV-110 course (3 cr. hrs.), up to 3 core curriculum courses (9-10 cr. hrs.) and 1 major course (3 cr. hrs.).
- During the spring semester, option to enroll in the UNIV-150: Career Exploration course designed by the CCU Career Services. This course will be of no additional charge if enrolled in 12 credit hours.
- Optional participation in First-Generation programming designed by CSSC and CCUFirst Organization.
- Membership in CCUFirst Organization.