CINO Stride is a FREE academic and leadership program designed for sophomore year students at Coastal Carolina University to assist in making a successful transition to their second year of college. During the sophomore year, students experience academic and relational transitions as well as question personal meaning and purpose. CINO Stride focuses on the unique challenges sophomore’s face, such as campus engagement, academic focus and career planning, faculty interaction and sense of direction and belonging. This FREE program’s mission is to provide an experience for sophomore students to explore their goals and strengths, identify helpful resources on campus, and engage with other students to aid in their success.
Students will participate in personalized academic coaching, interactive educational workshops, leadership programming, campus and community service projects, major and career exploration as well as explore self-regulatory learning, growth mindset and resiliency. CINO Stride participants will be assigned a Peer Leader and Academic Coaching Specialist who will provide additional support to assist in their transition from their first year to their second.
Students in CINO Stride will be able to:
- Assess individual academic commitment through interactions with campus resources.
- Evaluate individual connection to the campus community through involvement in university programming and events.
- Critically examine chosen career path and evaluate intended major’s consistency with career interests.
- Cultivate a path to a positive sense of self and identify areas of personal growth;
- Distinguish the differences between external support and campus resources and develop personal strategies to balance barriers to academic success.
- Periodically reassess learning strategies to create a positive and successful learning environment.
- Develop stress management strategies to approach challenging situations.
- Opportunity to become a member of The National Society of Leadership and Success, Sigma Alpha Pi, the nation’s largest leadership honor society.
- Opportunity to enroll in the UNIV-210 Sophomore-Year Experience course.
- Personalized Academic Coaching Specialist for academic coaching support.
- Personalized Peer Leader for peer to peer support and guidance.
- Experience participating in leadership programming.
- Experience participating in interactive educational workshops.
- Experience participating in campus and community service programming.
- CCU Spirit Box
- It’s FREE