Academic Suspension Appeal Instructions
Students who have been placed on academic suspension and wish to appeal for reinstatement should follow the instructions below.
- Fill out section I of the Academic Suspension Appeal form and attach documentation to answer the questions in section II. A typed letter from the student requesting reinstatement and explaining the circumstances that led to the suspension is expected.
- Submit the form and supporting documentation to the Associate/Assistant Dean of their college.
- The Associate/Assistant Dean will forward the student’s appeal to the Office of the Provost for review by the Academic Suspension Appeals Committee. This committee meets four times between Spring and Fall semesters (during the summer) and twice between Fall and Spring semesters (in January before the Spring semester starts).
- The student may choose to address the Academic Suspension Petitions Committee in person if they wish. If the student wishes to schedule an appointment with the Academic Suspension Petitions Committee, they should contact Ms. Lesley Holody (firstname.lastname@example.org) after submitting their appeal to arrange the appointment. Appointments will be arranged on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Once an appeal has been reviewed by the Academic Suspension Petitions Committee, the student may not re-appeal for that semester unless new and compelling evidence is presented.