Academic Center Support Program
Horry County Higher Education Commission (HCHEC) Request for Funding of Academic Center or Projects
- Click here to download the application.
This funding is intended to support projects with activities that will benefit long-range plans that result in the enhancement of the University and also benefit the citizens of Horry County. Examples could include support for business planning services, Horry County teacher workshops, cultural or educational events that are open to the public or research on coastal land protections.
For Center support, preference may be given to seed money requests over ongoing maintenance requests.
The HCHEC may or may not review the appendices of an application. Applicants are advised that appendices are not to be used to provide project details outside of the application guidelines. Appendices provided as attachments should only include supplementary information or documentation, such as IRB forms, letters of support, or non-text materials.
Applicants must submit the proposal and all attachments to the college dean electronically using the form provided.
Applicants should address questions regarding the preparation of their proposal to their college dean or contact Stephanie Cassavaugh in the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Services (OSPRS) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-349-5030 for assistance.
Applications must include a determination of dean support and this may require the establishment of earlier internal deadlines with the colleges.
Deans must submit the complete application and appendices as attachments to the OSPRS (OSPRS@coastal.edu) by 12:00 p.m. on March 27, 2023.
Submission and Review Process
1. Download this application form, save it to your computer, open it, complete the form, and then save the document. You must download the application form to your computer.
2. Respond to questions 1 – 4; 5 and 6, if applicable.
3. Forward the application and all appendix attachments (if applicable) via email to your dean (please note any internal deadlines they may have).
4. Deans will indicate on the application their support of the proposal, pledge their financial support (if applicable), and comment on the merit of the proposal.
5. Deans will submit the complete application, including all attachments, to the OSPRS by 12:00 p.m. on Monday, March 27, 2023.
6. The OSPRS will review the application for completeness and compliance with the guidelines and work with applicants to make any needed edits prior to submission.
7. The OSPRS will submit the final application to the Provost for review and approval.
8. The Provost will forward applications to the HCHEC’s College Support Committee.