CCU Points of Pride
Coastal Carolina University moved up two spots to No. 36 in the Regional Universities (South) list released by U.S. News & World Report for 2024. Now in its 39th year, the rankings evaluate more than 1,850 colleges and universities on measures of academic quality.
CCU’s other highlights in the U.S. News (South) rankings include:
- No. 7 in Most Innovative Schools.
- No. 9 in Best Undergraduate Teaching.
- No. 14 in Best Colleges for Veterans.
- No. 16 in Top Public Schools.
“Our U.S. News & World Report rankings are a reflection of the commitment of our faculty, the determination and talent of our students, and the tireless work of our entire campus community. They serve as a beacon that guide prospective students toward a place where opportunities are boundless and dreams are realized.”
- CCU President Michael T. Benson
Strive for College
Colleges of Distinction
Military Friendly School
CCU was designated a Purple Heart University in 2017 by the Military Order of the Purple Heart.
By the Numbers
- The Wall College of Business is AACSB-accredited, an achievement held by less than 5 percent of business schools.
- CCU’s new Coastal Excellence and Leadership (CEaL) program takes an innovative and pioneering approach to the admissions process and has proven to position incoming freshmen for success.
- CCU is one of 12 organizations in the Carolinas working together to accelerate the development of offshore wind energy in the Southeast.
- Fall 2021: 10,473 students
- Fall 2017: 10,663 students (in last decade, enrollment has grown 35.5 percent).
- Fall 1993: 4,453 students (year Coastal became an independent, state-supported university).
- Fall 1974: 1,396 students (first baccalaureate degrees awarded in 1974).