Yashica Holmes-Smith, Ph.D.
Ph.D., Psychology (emphasis in Media Psychology), Fielding Graduate University
M.A., Psychology (emphasis in Media Psychology), Fielding Graduate University
M.S., Applied Clinical Psychology, University of South Carolina Aiken
B.A., Psychology, Georgia State University
- Teaching Associate, Coastal Carolina University
- Professor, Horry-Georgetown Technical College
- Associate Professor, Horry-Georgetown Technical College
- Licensed Professional Counselor Associate, Y I AM Counseling Services and Dr. Y LLC
- Adjunct Faculty, Webster University
- Academic Coach, Horry-Georgetown Technical College
- Adjunct Faculty, Horry-Georgetown Technical College
- Counselor/Coordinator, Horry-Georgetown Technical College
- Mental Health Counselor II/Behavior Interventionist
- Transition Assessment Specialist/Counselor, South Carolina Vocational Rehabilitation Department
- Mental Health Technician, Lighthouse Care Center
- Therapeutic Assistant (Human Services Specialist I), South Carolina Department of Mental Health
Yashica Holmes-Smith, Ph.D., also known as Dr. Y, is a media psychologist and licensed professional counselor associate. She earned a Ph.D. (2014) and M.A. (2012) in psychology with an emphasis in media psychology from Fielding Graduate University. She earned an M.S. (2006) in applied clinical psychology from the University of South Carolina Aiken and a B.A. (2003) in psychology from Georgia State University. She comes with years of experience providing academic, career, and personal counseling and teaching psychology courses at two-year, four-year, and graduate institutions. She teaches general psychology, developmental psychology, and abnormal psychology.
Holmes-Smith conducted research on personality, coping styles, psychosocial adjustment, and adolescents’ and media immersion. Her special areas of interest in research and practice include women, gender, sexuality, relationships, and diversity (WGSRD). She is a safe zone faculty/staff member. She is passionate about researching and supporting the needs of LGBTQIA+ individuals and leads nonprofit initiatives focused on youth, inspiration, arts, and mentoring.