M.S., Applied Psychology: Clinical/Counseling, Francis Marion University
B.A., Psychology, Coastal Carolina University
- Lecturer, Coastal Carolina University
- Adjunct Faculty, Coastal Carolina University
- Clinical Counselor, Shoreline Behavioral Health Services
- Behavioral Health Intern, Waccamaw Center for Mental Health
- Paralegal, Criminal Defense, Public Defender of Horry County
Theresa Stanton, a Coastal Carolina University alumnus, earned an M.S. in applied psychology with a clinical/counseling focus from Francis Marion University in 2009. She teaches courses in general psychology, communication, and abnormal psychology. Her clinical experience has been in community mental health and substance abuse with a primary focus on adult outpatient services.
Her research interests include the stigma of mental health in military personnel and first responders, and classroom influences on student engagement and success.