How to Apply - Coastal Carolina University
In This Section

Important Application Information

We are pleased to offer an application fee special where we will waive the application fee. This fee waiver is only valid on the Freshman and Transfer Undergraduate application. You must be a high school student or current college student to use this waiver.

On the “Charges and Additional Items” section of the application, please enter ‘TEALDEAL20’ in the Application Fee Waiver Code box. This will allow you to submit your application without the application fee.

Once you have submitted your application, please make sure to send all supporting documents required to complete your application. Admissions Counselors are reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Once you have submitted your application and all required supporting documents, we will send you a decision within 3 weeks.

Please contact the Office of Admissions and Merit Awards if you have questions. We can be reached at or at 800-277-7000. We look forward to working with you throughout the application process.

How to Apply

Please see the information below about how you should apply. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and decisions are typically mailed within one month after the application is completed. Your application is considered complete and ready for review when you have submitted the online application and provided all supporting documents. Please read the descriptions below to determine which application you should complete.

After you apply, you can check the status of your application online through your WebAdvisor student portal. Three to five business days after submitting your application, you will receive an email from with instructions to set up your WebAdvisor username and password and how to check your application status.

First-year Freshman Students

Please complete the freshman application if you are currently enrolled in your last (senior) year of high school, or you have graduated high school but not attended a college or university yet. If you have taken college classes while still enrolled in high school, you are still considered a first-year freshman.

Required first-year freshman documents

  • Completed first-year freshman undergraduate application
  • A nonrefundable $45 application fee
  • Official high school transcript(s) complete up to the time of application
  • Official SAT or ACT scores sent directly from the testing agency
  • Official college transcripts for any dual enrollment college courses completed while in high school

Apply Now for Freshman Admission

Transfer Students

Please complete the transfer application if you have already earned a high school diploma or GED, and attended another college or university AFTER graduating high school. You are still considered a transfer applicant regardless of whether you earned any credits at the college or university you attended previously.

Required transfer documents

  • Completed transfer undergraduate application
  • A nonrefundable $45 application fee
  • Official transcripts from each college or university previously attended. You can use our Transcript Request Form
  • If you have earned fewer than 24 credits, you must submit an official high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores sent directly from the testing agency (test scores are not required if you are 22 years of age or older).

Apply Now for Transfer Admission

Second Degree Students

Please complete the second-degree/transfer application if you already have earned a baccalaureate degree from any regionally accredited college or university and you plan to earn a second baccalaureate degree.

Required second degree documents

  • Completed transfer undergraduate application
  • A nonrefundable $45 application fee
  • Official transcripts from each college or university previously attended. You can use our Transcript Request Form

Apply Now for Second Degree Admission

International Students

Please complete the international application if you are a citizen of any nation OTHER than the United States of America. If you are a Lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S., a dual U.S. citizen, a U.S. citizen living abroad, or a non-immigrant with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA), please complete either the first-time freshman or transfer application. Please see the instructions above.

Required international student documents

  • Completed international undergraduate application
  • A nonrefundable $45 application fee in U.S. funds
  • Official secondary school transcript(s) with certified English translations
  • Proof of English proficiency (all applicants from non-English speaking countries)
  • Copy of passport

Apply Now for International Admission

Re-Admit Students

Please complete the re-admit application if you were enrolled at Coastal Carolina University in a degree program and did not attend for either a fall or spring semester.

Required re-admission documents

  • Completed re-admission undergraduate application
  • A nonrefundable $15 application fee
  • Official college or university transcript if you attended a different institution after leaving Coastal Carolina University.

Apply Now for Readmission

Non-Degree Students

Please complete the non-degree application if you want to take classes at Coastal Carolina University without pursuing a degree. Applicants denied admission into a degree-seeking program at Coastal Carolina are not eligible to apply as a non-degree student. It is important to note that students admitted in the non-degree classification cannot receive any student financial aid. A maximum of 18 undergraduate credit hours may be taken in this classification.

Non-Degree includes the following admission types:

Transient or Visiting Students want to take courses at Coastal Carolina University while maintaining enrollment at another "home" institution.

Adult Learners want to enroll in courses for personal or professional development.

Pre-College High School Students are high-achieving rising high school seniors who want to begin college courses while concurrently enrolled in high school.

Senior Citizens (60 or older) who want to take courses without pursuing a degree program. Senior Citizens who do want to pursue a degree program should complete the either the first-year freshman or transfer/second-degree application.

Required non-degree documents

  • Completed non-degree undergraduate application
  • A nonrefundable $45 application fee
  • Pre-college high school applicants must provide an official high school transcript, PSAT, SAT or ACT scores plus a letter of recommendation from a high school counselor or principal.

Apply Now for Non-Degree