Apply for Transfer Admission
- Apply Now - (Fall 2022 CCU App)
- Apply Now - (Fall 2022 Common App)
- Meet Your Admissions Counselor
- Transfer Admission Requirements
- Transferring Credits
- SC State Policies and Procedures
- Merit Awards
- Other Scholarship Opportunities
- South Carolina Residency
- Admissions Home
We strongly encourage you to apply for admission online. You will need to create an account and select a username and password. Make sure you keep this information so you can check the status of your application. You can also print out and complete the paper Undergraduate Admissions Application (PDF) or request a paper application by calling the Office of Admissions & Merit Awards at 800-277-7000. There is a non-refundable $45 application fee that must be paid before you can submit your application to the University.
What materials or documents do I need to send?
The following materials must be received in the Office of Admissions & Merit Awards before your application will be reviewed:
- Completed application for undergraduate admission.*
- Application fee ($45).
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. You can use our Transcript Request Form.
- Students who have less than 24 credits must also submit an official high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores** (test scores are not required if you are 22 years of age or older).
* As part of the application, all applicants are required to submit complete responses to a series of non-academic admissions review questions. Applicants must satisfy the non-academic admissions review portion of the application before the application file is reviewed or an admission decision made. The non-academic admissions review process supports the University's goal of maintaining a safe learning community.
** To be considered official, the standardized test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency (College Board or ACT). Test scores sent from the high school or from the student are not considered official and will not be used to complete the application file.
After You Have Applied...
When will I get a decision?
Applications are reviewed and decisions are made on a rolling basis. Students typically receive information about their admission status approximately four weeks after all materials are received in the Office of Admissions & Merit Awards (application, fee, transcripts, and test scores).
How do I check the status of my application?
Once you have applied, you can check the status of your application online and see what materials you may be missing. Please Note: If you applied via the Common Application, we will be sending you instructions via email on how to create your application status portal account. We should begin sending out those emails to applicants who completed the Common App around the middle of September, 2021.
You can check your admission status by logging into your application status portal at https://apply.coastal.edu/apply. Under the "Returning users:" section, click the "Login in to continue an application" link and then "Log In". If you don't know your username and password, use the "Forgot Your Password?" link to retrieve this information. Once you are logged in, click on the link for your "Submitted" Undergraduate Application, then click the "Open Application" button in the message box that will appear. You will then be presented with your Application Status Portal. Viewing your "Application Checklist", you can see if your materials have been received. Please allow at least 10 days from the time you submitted your application to check your status.
Whom should I contact if I have questions?
You have a personal admission counselor who is available to assist with questions related to applying and enrolling. To locate your counselor, go to the Meet Your Admissions Counselor page. You can also call 800-277-7000, e-mail email@example.com, or find us on Facebook.