Transferring Credits to CCU
- Apply Now for Spring or Fall 2019 Admission
- Apply Now for Fall 2018 Admission
- Transfer Course Equivalencies
- Core Curriculum
- Transfer Admission Requirements
- Transfer Application Process
- SC State Policies and Procedures
- Meet Your Admissions Counselor
- Merit Awards
- Other Scholarship Opportunities
- South Carolina Residency
- Admissions Home
How do I know if my credits will transfer?
If you have been accepted, you will receive a transfer credit report in the mail with your acceptance packet. The report will list all the courses that transfer to the University and the Coastal Carolina equivalent for each course. It is up to your academic department to determine how your courses apply toward graduation.
What kinds of courses typically do not transfer to Coastal Carolina?
If a course does not transfer to the University, it is typically for one of the following reasons:
- The course was not completed at a regionally accredited institution.
- The grade earned was lower than a C-.
- The course was developmental or technical in nature.
- Coastal Carolina University does not offer a similar course or our course is offered at a higher level.
If you are still unsure as to why a course did not transfer, please contact a transfer counselor at 800-277-7000.
How many credits can I transfer?
A maximum of 76 transferable credits from any regionally accredited two-year college transfer program and a maximum of 90 transferable credits from any regionally accredited four-year college or university will be applicable towards a Coastal Carolina University degree. Please consult the University Catalog for more information.
Does my GPA transfer?
Your GPA does not transfer to Coastal Carolina; only credits transfer. However, your GPA will be considered in the admission process.
How can I see what credits transfer before I apply?
There are a number of resources available online to help you get an idea of which courses will transfer to the University before you apply. These are also helpful in planning your program of study if you plan to transfer at a later date.
Please use the following resource to search for courses that have transferred to Coastal Carolina University from select colleges and universities. If a course does not appear here, it does not necessarily mean it will not transfer to the University; it could mean that the course has not yet been evaluated.
Visit sctrac.org to create your student account and obtain comprehensive information about transferring to or from participating South Carolina colleges and universities.