Hospitality, Resort, and Tourism Management
To learn more about amazing career opportunities for HRTM majors, click on the button below!
Hospitality, Resort, and Tourism Management (HRTM) students focus on developing the skills necessary for managing hospitality or tourism service organizations in the context of a resort destination area. In addition to the standard business curriculum, the HRTM curriculum includes internships and specialized coursework in the areas of quality process management and resort planning.
The Student Experience
The E. Craig Wall Sr. College of Business Administration is accredited by AACSB International, the premier accrediting body for business colleges.
- Students can receive exciting internships and hands-on experience minutes from campus.
- Placements in organizations such as Disney, Marriott, Hilton, Wyndham, and more.
- Students majoring in HRTM choose the industry segment(s) and the geographic area in which they wish to work for internships in guest service production, guest service delivery, and management training.
- For those eligible to work in the U.S., there are locally available internships in the Myrtle Beach area, which is one of the top tourist destinations on the U.S. east coast.
- HRTM faculty have strong connections within the hospitality industry and to the local tourism community.
- Students may also choose to minor in hospitality, resort, and tourism management.
Beyond the Classroom
Recent graduates of the program have careers in management for hotel, restaurant, food and beverage, event/conference planning and sales, resort/cruise industry, and tourism marketing.
Areas of Study
- Concentration in event planning
- Concentration in tourism sales
- Concentration in sustainable resort development
- Tourism and society
- Resort operations management
- The service experience
- Hospitality-and tourism-related internships
- Revenue management
- Seminar in resort tourism planning