Connecting Theory with Practice
The Wall Center works collaboratively with Career Services, academic departments, and faculty members to enhance the career development of our students. We developed the following steps to assist you through this process:
Step 1: EXPLORE
- Browse through all online services located on the Career Services website to explore your interests, abilities, values, personality, and major options.
- Attend PDAs to learn about various industries, employers, and career options.
- Visit with a faculty member or department chair in your major to discuss career paths in your specific field of interest. Contact information for Wall College faculty can be found here.
- Research businesses through Career Shift.
Step 2: APPLY
- Activate your profile on JOBLink powered by Handshake and begin searching for opportunities and applying to available positions.
- Attend PDAs to help polish your resume and practice your interviewing skills.
- Use your NETWORK! Inquire about opportunities through personal contacts you have made (faculty, family, friends, neighbors, roommates, mentors, fraternity/sorority or club acquaintances, etc.), and connect with recruiters on LinkedIn. Additional resources can be found here.
Step 3: EXPERIENCE
- Internships help connect classroom concepts with real-world experience. In addition to aiding learning and retention, internships provide students with valuable work experience within their chosen field, which dramatically improves post-graduate employment prospects.
- Wall College students are strongly encouraged to complete an internship during their tenure at Coastal Carolina University.
Career Development Menu
For questions about general career development and alumni career services, please contact Career Services.
For questions about PDAs, please contact Noah Whitlock.
For questions about internship course registration and receiving academic credit, please contact Ellen Hayward.