Faculty Resources Available from Career Services
SCHEDULE A CAREER PRESENTATION
We’ll come to you—online or in person, depending on your class design! Interactive class presentations tailored to your students and your timeframe on career related topics such as:
- From Hello to Hired: Interview Skills for Virtual and In-Person settings
- Resume Writing & Cover Letters
- Internship Search: US and Abroad
- Networking Skills
- Finding a Job in Challenging Times
- Introduction to Career Services
- Major Confusion
- … and MORE!
Use our FREE resources to create engaging assignments for your students to develop important professional skills!
JOB SEARCH SOURCES
- Handshake: Our primary resource to find jobs and internships posted by employers specifically for CCU students and grads. Use your CCU login!
- CareerShift: Students can find jobs/internships, companies, and CONTACTS (including CCU alumni) using this effective web search tool, including saved searches and the ability to search by keyword, location, industry, and school attended. Use your CCU email for a free account.
PROFESSIONAL SKILL DEVELOPMENT
- Big Interview: Online practice interviews and video instruction with a library of hundreds of questions and practice sets for different career fields—or create your own! Faculty can create assignments in Big Interview, and students can easily send or submit a link for review.
- Career Handouts: Helpful tips sheets on Resume Writing, Interview Skills, LinkedIn, and more!
- Resume/Cover Letter Tips & Samples: Tips and sample resumes for every CCU college— constantly expanding!
- What Can I Do With This Major: Sample career fields, employers, information links, and smart strategies for students exploring majors and related careers. Scroll down to center of page to find direct link.
Workshops and career fairs available every semester—great potential for assignments and extra credit!