Signs and symptoms of alcohol poisoning
- Slow breathing (less than eight breaths a minute).
- Irregular breathing (a gap of more than 10 seconds between breaths).
- Blue-tinted skin or pale skin.
- Low body temperature (hypothermia).
- Passing out (unconsciousness) and can't be awakened.
It's not necessary to have all the above signs or symptoms before you seek medical help. A person suffering from alcohol poisoning who is unconscious or can't be awakened is at risk of dying.
If you suspect that someone has alcohol poisoning — even if you don't see the classic signs and symptoms — seek immediate medical care.