Talk to someone confidentially - Coastal Carolina University
In This Section

« Back

Counseling Services 

If you or a friend is experiencing an active overdose or alcohol poisoning, call 911 or 843-349-2911.

If you are abusing drugs or if you are experiencing alcoholism, Counseling Services can offer recovery and support. Counseling Services is free and confidential for students who are experiencing this sort of situation, and you may remain anonymous.

Regular office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays. To reach a counselor after regular office hours, call 843-349-2911 and ask for a counselor on-call.

To schedule an appointment with a counselor, call 843-349-2305 or visit walk-in hours without an appointment, Monday through Friday from 12:30 to 3 p.m. The Counseling Services office is located in the Student Health Services building at 251 University Blvd.

Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous groups both meet regularly on campus. To find out more information and/or meeting times, contact the LiveWell Office at

« Back