Using a Mac in CSCI 100-Level Courses using CENGAGE MINDTAP ONLY! This does not apply to courses using Simnet.
The following resurces are provided for beginning students in freshmen-level CSCI courses who use Macintosh systems. While the type of operating system a student chooses to use is a personal choice, there are some courses (especially in CSCI 110) where the Mac version of software is not the same as for the Windows version. In the case of CSCI 110, there is no version of the text for Mac users. It is important that students become familiar with the systems they have chosen. This includes knowing what software is already installed, how to how to install software, file management, etc. This page is provided to assist students in CSCI 110, but the general information is applicable toany student using a Mac.
The following links are to the Apple Support Pages.
- You can search the Apple Support Pages for any topic not covered on this page.
- File Management - Get to Know the Finder on Your Mac
- Software Management - Install and Uninstall Apps from the Internet or Disc on a Mac
Microsoft Office for Mac Users
The Office version on the MAC is not the same as the PC. This page provides video resources for students enrolled in CSCI 110 using a MAC. The following videos provide alternate instruction in cases where the actions needed to complete an assignment for the MAC differ from the textbook. Students, please communicate with your instructor should you need assistance.
You will need to authenticate with your CCU credentials to access the videos in Microsoft Stream.
- Module 3 Creating a Series
- Module 3 Absolute vs Relative Addressing
- Module 3 Formatting
- Module 3 Clustered Column Charts
- Module 3 What-if Analysis
- Module 5 Layout for Sheets
- Module 5 Multiple Worksheets
- Module 5 Formatting Pie Charts
- Module 5 Creating Separate Workbooks
- Module 6 Tables
- Module 6 Lookup Tables
- Module 6 Working with Tables
- Module 6 Database Functions
- Module 6 Summarizing Data
- Module 6 has SPILL error that shows up on some Macs, no known fix, a few of the Database functions will error even though they are correct, as well.
- Module 7 Templates
- Module 7 Importing Data
- Module 7 Quick Analysis Gallery
- Module 7 Bar Charts
- Module 7 SmartArt Graphics
- Module 7 has multiple issues with importing data, students will need to manually type some of it in.