While Beacon is primarily utilized as an early alert system, Beacon is also an advising tool. Using Beacon, advisors can:
- View data from various sources in one platform
- View and filter advisees
- Send batch emails to advisees
- Keep advising notes electronically
- Store files such as contracts, email messages, forms, etc.
- Allow students to request meetings and send the meetings to Microsoft Outlook
Accessing Beacon as an Advisor or Success Network Member
Please review the Beacon Advisor and Staff User Guide for detailed information on what information is stored in the data fields, how to navigate various features, and the process for responding to alerts.