Respirator Use for Employees
1. If you are required to wear a respirator mask, or would like to voluntarily request the use of a respirator mask, please fill out the Respirator Request Form. After completing the form, send a copy to CHO@coastal.edu.
Once the request has been confirmed, an Access Code to the online OSHA MedCert Medical Evaluation will be provided to you. The OSHA MedCert Medical Evaluation must be completed to determine if you are qualified to wear a respirator.
2. To take the OSHA MedCert Medical Evaluation go to: www.oshamedcert.com/honeywell.
- At the bottom of the page click Begin Evaluation.
- Please read the content and click on I Understand.
- Then click Continue and enter your Access Code in the space provided to begin the questionnaire.
3. Upon successful completion of the OSHA MedCert Medical Evaluation, employees are congratulated and given an opportunity to print out a certificate. After approval, please contact Environmental Health and Safety to schedule a time to come to the Environmental Health and Safety Office to be fitted for a respirator mask. The employee must complete the required respirator training, EHS 2005 PPE-Respiratory Training, before the fit test can be completed. The training will provide an overview on the Respiratory Protection Program, respiratory hazards, requirements for respirator use, as well as respirator storage and maintenance.
The Environmental Health and Safety Office is located at:
470 Allied Drive, Unit B
Conway, SC 29526
4. If you fail the OSHA MedCert Medical Evaluation, you must complete the Coastal Carolina University Respirator Medical Evaluation Questionnaire and have further testing from a physician in order to be approved for respirator use. Please fill out the questionnaire found on the Environmental Health and Safety webpage (https://www.coastal.edu/administration/ehs/index.html) and schedule an appointment with the Occupational Doctor (Occ Doc). Make sure you bring the completed questionnaire and the Respirator Approval Form, which can also be accessed on the Environmental Health and Safety webpage, to your appointment.
For further testing, make an appointment with Occ Doc:
154-A Waccamaw Medical Part Court
Conway, SC 29526
After following up with a physician and gaining approval, you must submit the completed Respirator Approval Form and then make an appointment with Environmental Health and Safety at CHO@coastal.edu in order to be fitted for a respirator.
Respirator Request Process Employees (please read first)
Respirator Medical Questionnaire Form (if designated)
Please complete the designated training by logging into: