Graduate Student Aid

Graduate Student Financial Aid

Graduate students who are fully admitted and degree-seeking may be eligible to receive funds from the Federal Direct Student Loan Program. Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid and list Coastal Carolina University's Federal School Code (003451). Students should be sure to pay attention to the year for which the FAFSA must be completed, as there are time periods that two different academic year FAFSA forms are available simultaneously online.

The priority date for filing the FAFSA is March 1, but students may begin applying as early as October 1.

FAFSA's may be completed electronically at Prior to filing electronically, you must apply for a FSA ID. Students must reapply each year to be considered for aid for the following academic year.

Graduate students are eligible for a maximum of $20,500 per year in a Federal Unsubsidized Direct Student Loan funds, depending on the student's cost of attendance (determined by the University), and assistance they may receive through other financial aid programs. Students must be enrolled in at least 5 TIV required semester hours per term to be eligible to receive federal student loans.  The following steps are required for all students who wish to receive Federal Direct Student Loans and must be completed before funds can be disbursed:


Graduate students may also be eligible for Federal Grad PLUS loans. Students must enroll at least half-time (5 hours) and maintain satisfactory academic progressGrad PLUS Loan Entrance Counseling is required for all students who wish to receive this type of loan and must be complete before funds will be disbursed.

Students admitted as non-degree students are not eligible to receive federal student loans.

Graduate students interested in applying for a South Carolina Teacher's Loan should contact Financial Aid and Scholarships for application information or go online to South Carolina Student Loan Corporation (

Students interested in information regarding graduate assistantships and scholarships should contact the Office of Graduate Studies or visit

Types of Available Financial Aid for Graduate Students »
How to Apply »