Items that can be completed before Orientation:
1. Complete your FAFSA and include the institution's school code (003451):
A completed FAFSA is required in order to award you any federal and most state aid. If you have not completed your FAFSA, please do this ASAP by visiting https://fafsa.ed.gov.
2. Check WebAdvisor weekly for status:
Usually, within one week after the FAFSA has been submitted to the Department of Education, the institution will receive the results electronically. When your file is complete, you will be awarded. If the institution needs additional information you will be notified via email with instructions for completing the additional steps. Please visit WebAdvisor to view or print an award letter, check the status of your financial aid by term, or check for any documents that the institution may need to complete your file. You can access this information under the "Financial Aid" banner on WebAdvisor.
3. Sign any necessary state certificates:
A signed South Carolina State Certificate is required each year you are awarded:
- South Carolina LIFE Scholarship
- South Carolina HOPE Scholarship
- South Carolina Palmetto Fellows Scholarship
- South Carolina Need-Based Grant
Please visit our WebAdvisor to sign this required document electronically.
4. Sign the Financial Aid Authorization Form via WebAdvisor:
This form gives the institution permission to use your excess pending financial aid for indirect costs, such as books. One example of the benefits of this form: Loan funds do not arrive on campus until the second week of classes. If you want to use excess financial aid to purchase books but the loan funds have not yet arrived on campus to provide the excess funds, this signed form will allow you to use the excess pending funds to purchase books. Without this form on file, you will have to pay out-of-pocket or wait until the funds arrive on campus. If your parents are planning on applying for a Parent PLUS loan, the borrower will also need to sign the parent authorization form. If the borrower is signed up for Parent/Guardian WebAdvisor, they are also able to e-sign via Parent/Guardian WebAdvisor access. The paper forms are also available on our forms page and may be faxed to Financial Aid & Scholarships at 843-349-2347.
5. IF you are planning on using Direct Student Loans:
- Sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN): This is your agreement with the government to repay the loans. You can complete this electronically at https://studentloans.ed.gov.
- Complete Entrance Loan Counseling: This is an online counseling session required by the Department of Education. It can be completed at https://studentloans.ed.gov using the student's FSA ID.
Both steps above require the student's FSA ID in order to electronically sign the documents.
6. IF you have been awarded a scholarship from a source other than CCU:
Please mail your award letter and/or check to Coastal Carolina University, Office of Student Accounts, PO Box 261954, Conway, SC 29528-6054. This type of aid will not appear as pending financial aid on the student's bill. It will be posted directly to the student's account.
7. IF you participate in a tuition pre-payment plan (such as a 529):
Please contact the Office of Student Accounts via email at email@example.com or by telephone at 843-349-2159. This type of aid will not appear as pending financial aid on the student's bill.
8. IF you need additional loans:
Please apply now. You may visit our loan webpage for information on the different types of loans.
9. Can you pay the remaining amount? If not, please consider the following options:
10. Please be sure to check for Payment Due Dates