Benjamin Gilman Scholarship Program
The Benjamin Gilman Scholarship Program was developed to diversify the kinds of students who study or intern abroad, based on ethnicity, first-generation, disabilities, underrepresented fields of studies. The program provides scholarships only to students who are recipients of Pell Grants, with funding available of of up to $5,000 for students to study or intern abroad. An additional $3,000 is available for those students studying a critical language in a country in which that critical language is predominantly spoken.
CCU students are winning these awards! $83,000 in Gilman Scholarships have been awarded to 21 CCU students since Fall 2021!
Please take a look at announcements of recent recipients:
- March 2023 Cycle: 3 recipients
- Fall 2022 Cycle: 1 recipient
- Spring 2022 Cycle: 8 recipients
- Fall 2021 Cycle: 6 recipients
- Spring 2019 Cycle: 2 recipients
- Fall 2017 Cycle: 1 recipient
Prior winners of this and other nationally competitive scholarships are available at: https://www.coastal.edu/honorscollege/officeofnationalscholarships/pastrecipients/
Want to learn more about the Gilman Scholarship?
Please take a look at the attached information pieces that will help you learn more about the program and begin your application!
Watch video testimonials of past Gilman recipients:
How do I get started on my Gilman Scholarship?
For more information about the program in general or to get started with your application, please go to the program webpage at http://www.iie.org/Programs/Gilman-Scholarship-Program. Webinars are often held by the Gilman Program offices to help you develop your application and are always shown on the webpage above.
Take a look at the informational video:
Ready to get started?
After you take a look at the online presentation, please reach out one of our campus Gilman Advisors to help get you started in our mentoring program to support you as you develop your application!
- Darla Domke-Damonte (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Judith Zang, Director of National Scholarships, email@example.com
- Lori Patterson, Education Abroad Services Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joshua Moore, Director of Intercultural and Inclusion Student Services (email@example.com)
- Scott Pleasant,Writing Center Director, firstname.lastname@example.org